Our former annual Tox-Away Day is now a weekly program held at the new Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Facility in Fort Wayne.
The HHW Facility is a place for Allen County residents and small businesses to safely dispose of unwanted household hazardous waste. These materials, if not disposed of properly, can be dangerous to our health and the environment. However, before taking your household hazardous waste to the HHW Facility, please consider the following options:
- Reduce waste by buying only what you need
- Purchase less toxic options
- Share leftovers with family, friends, and neighbors
Learn how to identify household hazardous waste and the guidelines for our new HHW Facility here.
*$1.00 per pound after the 50 lbs. maximum.
For more information, residents and small businesses can follow us on Facebook or call ACDEM at 260-449-7878.
HOURS & LOCATION
Drop-off Hours: Tuesdays, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Location: 2260 Carroll Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46818
- You MUST enter the HHW Facility via Fort Recovery Road from Lima Road
- Open to Allen County Residents Only
- Do not mix products or remove labels
- Leave all products in their original containers
- Minimal fees and a weight limit of 50 lbs. will apply
For many years, the Allen County Solid Waste Management District offered an annual Tox-Away Day in September as the only opportunity for residents to properly dispose of household hazardous materials. Tox-Away Day has been a popular program over the years and ACDEM recognizes there is a greater need for a weekly HHW drop-off program
During last year’s Tox-Away Day, we collected over 25.6 tons of material at this one-day event.
Households Represented 1,018
Automotive Fluids (lbs.) 5,166
Car Batteries (lbs.) 2,145
Household Batteries (lbs.) 1,388
HHW Collected (lbs.) 42,758
Our sincere thanks to all Tox-Away Day participants and volunteers!