Our annual Tire Amnesty Day, along with ongoing efforts with the Fort Wayne Street and Allen County Highway Departments, allow residents and neighborhood associations the opportunity to rid themselves of used tires in a responsible manner.
Millions of scrap tires sit in stock piles across Indiana. These tire piles are aesthetically displeasing, act as breeding grounds for mosquitoes, and can potentially fuel dangerous fires.
Allen County’s Tire Amnesty Day will be held:
Saturday, October 4, 2014
9:00 am – 12 noon
Location announced two weeks prior to the event.
- Open to ALLEN COUNTY RESIDENTS ONLY
- Only bike, car, and light truck tires will be accepted; tractor tires will NOT be accepted
- Tires must be without rims, clean, and dry
- Limit of tires per resident is 12
- Neighborhood Associations are required to pre-register with the District – call 260.449.7878.
- Minimal Fees Apply:
1 to 4 tires - $1.00 total
5 tires – $2
6 tires – $3
7 tires – $4
8 tires -$5
9 tires -$15
10 tires -$25
11 tires -$35
12 tires – $45
For more information on this event, contact the District.